At the beginning of the week, a good blog friend of mine, Tabitha, over at Debt Free Mommy notified me that she awarded me the Sunshine Blog Award. The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I am honored that Tabitha thought of my little blog as an inspiration.
Here's how the award works:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog so they might get some extra love from your readers.
2. Answer a series of questions about yourself.
3. Choose your 10 favorite bloggers to pass the award on to.
Disclaimer: This reminds me of those chain letters - You have 20 minutes to answer these 10 questions and then spin in 3 circles and then forward this to 100 of your closest friends or the world will end! However, since I have never been recognized in this way, I decided to play along - just this once. I will modify the rules slightly by answering only a few of the questions and nominating my top 3 blogs. I'll also give a write up of why I love these blogs and why you should check them out too...
So here goes nothing:
1. Favorite animal - Is it terrible of me to say none? No favorite animal for this gal - I am just not a pet lover. Please don't hate me!
2. Favorite drink - This one is easy - Sweet Tea! I am a country girl when it comes to my tea.
3. Facebook or Twitter? - Facebook for me. I love using Facebook to keep up on my friends. I don't always have time to call my girlfriends to check in, but I can see what they're up to online and make a note to ask them about their activities the next time we do talk. I haven't jumped on the Twitter bandwagon yet, although my husband loves it.
4. Giving or getting gifts? - Love to give! Nothing makes me happier than *finally* finding that perfect gift for someone special in your life. I try to put a lot of thought into gifts.
5. Favorite flower - I love my rose bushes in the backyard. My grandma was named Rose, so I always think of her when I see them.
Now for the 3 blogs I am really loving right now:
1. Ann Marie at white house, black shutters - If you don't already read Ann's blog - you should! This is one of the first blogs I started reading and was my inspiration for starting a blog of my own. She has great tutorials, but likes to keep it real for her readers. Love!
2. Lindsey at Just A Small Town Girl - I love this blog because it rings true to me - I'm a small town girl (now living in the city, but still!) Lindsey is fresh, honest, and always has new fashion and beauty finds. You should definitely check her out.
3. Cassandra at 25 in my 25th - Cassandra is so funny! I love reading her blog because she has a list of 25 things she wants to do while she is 25 - great idea, right? She does a fabulous job of taking her readers on the journey with her. She has inspired me to come up with some goals of my own.
That's it - show these bloggers some love! I have a ton of other blogs I read regularly, so maybe I'll have to do another post spotlighting my faves.
Thanks for reading!