I hope everyone had a great time ringing in 2014.
We had a blast. This was the first year Patrick & I hosted a NYE party and it was kid-friendly. Two of my best friends from high school came over and we enjoyed two intense rounds of Pictionary after the kiddos went to bed:
Think I have a few group shots of the night? Nope. I totally forgot to grab my camera. We all slumbered and then I made a french toast casserole and bacon for breakfast. It was a great night with great friends.
This leads me to my resolutions for 2014:
1. Take more pictures! Claire is growing up so fast I need to get more on film.
2. Make a baby album. Yes, a real, old-fashioned photo album where you put the pictures in the slots. I have so much of her on my camera and even on the blog but I need something I can physically hold in my hand.
3. Blog more. I'm going to try for at least 2 posts a week, which doesn't sound like much but please hold me to it.
4. Write one line a day. Last year, I bought a 5 year memory journal where this is just enough space to write down one thought a day. I kept the journal on my nightstand and wrote it in every night before bed until July 1. I made it exactly half the year and then I was super pregnant and Claire arrived and it just kinda
got pushed to the back burner fell off the stove. This year I hope to make it the full year. I am going to try to go back in time and write about some of Claire's memorable events from July-now.
5. Be healthy. Drink more water. Make all of Claire's baby food. Try to exercise?? This one is pretty vague but try to take steps for an overall healthier lifestyle.
That's all for me. Wish me luck and hold me accountable!