Hope you are ready for Easter Round 2!
I'll make this a post of few words and more pictures...
Monday, April 28, 2014
16 weeks with Claire on the left and 16 weeks with baby #2 on the right. The doctor wasn't kidding when he said my belly would pop sooner this time around!
This pregnancy has been easier than my first. I didn't have nearly as much morning sickness as I did when I was pregnant with Claire. I am still really tired though - but chasing a 9 month old around might contribute to that as well.
No real food cravings yet. Claire loves to kick, stand on and just generally smash her little sibling in my belly.
I was very surprised and excited to hear that my cousin Jamie is due the exact same day as me with her third! It will be fun to have babies the same age.
24 more weeks to go - but who's counting? :)
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Can't believe my little sugie girl is already 9 months old! We are just having too much fun here in the Wilmes home.
9 month stats:
15 lbs 12 ounces - 5%
15 lbs 12 ounces - 5%
27.125 inches - 40%
- You are really a master at crawling. You are starting to move too fast for my liking. You love it when we leave the baby gate open between the living room and the kitchen because you think you are so sneaky.
- You love to explore. You like crawling up and down the hallway, peeking in every door. You like to climb under the dining room table and chairs.
- You pull up on everything! You are so brave and strong.
- Your favorite game is to pull up on mom until I pick you up and then you dive back down to the ground and do this one endless repeat.
- We had to go through a little more sleep training. Once you started pulling up in your crib at night you would like to stand up and scream. We only had to let you cry it out a few nights - no more than 20 minutes which was good because that is rough on your mama.
- You are still not a very good napper. You like to snooze on your own schedule. The good news is you are a very predictable napper. I can always tell when you are tired.
- You are such a busy girl. You are always on the move and you love exploring.
- You still really like Mickey Mouse. In the morning when we are getting ready for work we let you watch an episode of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You're favorite song is the Hot Dog Dance at the end. It always gets stuck in Mommy & Daddy's heads all day.
- You also like watching the Cardinals and the Blues with your dada.
- You are the happiest little girl I've ever met. You are always smiling.
- Except when you got your first tooth! You were a really fussy little girl when that first tooth popped through.
- You tried a lot of new foods this month - cauliflower, potato, parsnip, banana, yogurt, avocado, and papaya. You like the banana, yogurt and avocado. You really disliked the parsnip and the texture of the potato. Mommy hated the smell of the papaya. Yuck! You ate it all though.
- You still love to play with your tongue. You can makes the silliest faces.
- You are starting to be more graceful. You can sit down from standing with ease.
- You are working on holding your own bottle. We also tried out the sippy cup. We need to keep working on both.
- Bathtime is still a favorite for you. You love to splash, splash, splash. We always have to take several toys with us to the bathroom.
- Your hair is getting so long. It gets down in your eyes unless we do the combover. Your side spike is growing too. I love it!
- You love being outside and going for walks. The weather is getting so much nicer and the stroller is a favorite.
- You are still extremely vocal. You can say dada, mama, baba, nana and gaga. And you make all kinds of squeals and babbling.
- You love to hang upside down. When you are sitting on our laps, you always lean your head back to indicate you want to hang. Mama also lets you do little flips and dad will hold you by your legs high above the floor. You love it all.
- Your dad thinks you might be left handed. You seem to prefer picking up your puffs with your left hand. Time will tell...
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Claire loved her first Easter! The grass...not so much. The sunhat, yes. The sunglasses, no. We were fortunate enough to get to spend time with both of our families over the weekend.
It was such a beautiful day we walked over to my sister Marcy's for brunch and outside play.
Gavin hunted some eggs and Claire tried out the slide...
We tried to take a cousins picture, but Gavin wasn't really having it.
So the dads came to the rescue...
And we got one decent family photo:
Then this sleepy little bunny was ready to walk home.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
8 month unofficial stats:
15 pounds - 5%
15 pounds - 5%
8 months! Wow! You are getting too big!
Here is everything I want to remember from the past month:
- You are really a master at crawling. You are starting to move too fast for my liking.
- You can sit up all by yourself. It's fun to watch you try to master the sitting to crawling to sitting positions.
- You are sleeping pretty good at night. We have a good bedtime routine but you still require someone to rock or bounce you to sleep.
- You are so active. You love to play all the time.
- You really like Mickey Mouse. In the morning when we are getting ready for work we let you watch an episode of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You're favorite song is the Hot Dog Dance at the end. It always gets stuck in Mommy & Daddy's heads all day.
- You are such a happy girl. You smile at everyone if they so much as look at you.
- You are always up for a challenge. When you leave the baby gate open you like to climb over and explore the kitchen.
- You tried lots of new foods this month - pear, spinach, turnip, rutabaga, multigrain cereal, apples & pears with cinnamon and butternut squash. You really liked the fruit and the rutabaga. You did not like the spinach or turnips. I can't say I blame you.
- We also started eating puffs this month. It is so much fun to watch you trying to pick them up and get them in your mouth. And the face you make when eating them is too cute.
- You can make a million different faces. You like to suck in your bottom lip, make a fish face, stick out your bottom lip and twist your tongue.
- You love playing with your big girl toys. We got out a standing toy so you can stand up to play. You like it in small spurts but haven't mastered the art of gracefully sitting down yet.
- You are so strong for being such a tiny little thing.
- You really love your bottle - always reaching for it and trying to put it in your mouth as soon as you see it.
- You still love bathtime. You like our bathtub toys and bath book. You love to splash and get water in your face. I almost need to wear a raincoat to give you a bath - you create such a mess!
- Your hair is really getting fuller in the back. And the front bangs will get in your eyes unless we comb them over.
- The weather is getting a little nicer and you love to go for walks when you can.
- You are very vocal. You love to talk and are making more sounds. You love to say Dada but only say Mama when you are crying.
- Gavin still doesn't like you too much. I think you make too many noises. He runs and hides from you.
- You love to go all the places you are not supposed to. You like to crawl under things and you love to play with the floor vents.
In case you missed a recap:three months
P.S. - Claire has some big news to share: