I can't believe Ben is growing so fast.
One month stats:
9 pounds 12 ounces
You gained almost 2 whole pounds since you were born. The doctor was so impressed by your growth! You are going to be so much bigger than your big sister. I love it!
Here is what I want to remember from her first month:
- I cried when you were born. I was so happy to have a little boy. You came so fast that I was just overwhelmed with emotions.
- Your dad cried too. He kept shouting "it's a boy!" over and over. It was so sweet.
- You love to eat! The boob buffet is always open and you can be quite the little piglet (hence the 2 pound weight gain). If I thought Claire was a good eater - you are a GREAT eater. I love watching you nurse - you make the cutest little faces and sounds. You are so sweet.
- You also love your fingers and your thumbs. You are constantly trying to get them in your mouth. You are also a big fan of the pacifier. It is nice to have options that work.
- You are not a big fan of bath time. You cry when you get cold. Unlike Claire, we only bathe you once a week. You are just a little baby - you don't get that dirty. I can clean you up pretty good with a baby wipe.
- You love tummy time. You are so good at lifting your head and moving it from side to side. You also rolled over from your belly to your back once! I was amazed. You are such a strong little boy. The doctor was also impressed with how good you are on your tummy.
- You love the swing. I can always do a successful transfer from my arms to the swing for you to nap.
- You sleep in the rock-and-play sleeper on Daddy's side of the bed. We are struggling with the sleeping because you are such a hungry boy. You are still getting up to eat every 3 hours.
- You can rip some pretty loud toots for a baby. It shocks just about everyone who is within earshot of you. You poop every time you nurse. Food goes in, poop comes out.
- Claire is the best big sister. She always wants to be right where you are. She loves you so much and you get a lot of kisses from her.
- You have so many faces and stretches. I wish I could get photos of the stink eye, the spooky eyes, the Popeye face, the Superman stretch and the tiny lips face. So many of your faces remind me of Claire.
- You started smiling and I love love love to see a grin on your face.
- We didn't swaddle you for more than a couple of weeks. You prefer the warm sleep blanket sacks.
- We took your first trip to the pumpkin patch. Claire picked out a baby pumpkin for you. It was also your first wagon ride with Claire.
Want to compare?? Claire at one month.